This position is a key point of contact for Sales, our Trades, and our Accounting Department. This position will report directly to the Area Construction Manager.
- Set and Update schedules daily
- Controlling Variances in the field
- Process VPO requests from the field
- Process change orders requested by sales
- Weekly Meetings with Community team (Sales and P & E Agent)
- Maintaining appearance of the neighborhood
- Building relationships with subcontractors and vendors, customers and your team
- Knowledgeable about the residential construction industry including construction cost, materials, products, methods and procedures.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the trades, vendors and equipment needed to complete the job, plus the ability to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge and familiarity with blueprints, construction drawings and addendums is required.
- Experience with doing and verifying takeoffs and unit cost-based purchasing
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize several tasks without compromising quality of work or project deadlines.
- Proven organization skills in a high paced work environment.
- Must be able to use word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, database software, creation of reports and database maintenance.
- Ability to review, analyze and interpret information as well as trouble-shoot to solve problems.
- Local candidates with familiarity of Charleston area preferred
- 2-4 year degree in Construction or Management is preferred, but not a must
- Prior experience in the homebuilding industry is preferred, either with a homebuilder or a Trade/Supplier