Choosing to customize certain areas of your home can be exciting and also overwhelming. It can be difficult to know where to start and which rooms to place a focus. One room that is getting a lot of attention these days is the media room. In newer homes, like those in Foxbank Plantation, the media room is one of the rooms where homeowners can plan and create a theater that rivals the top local theaters, minus the crowds. The plans for your media room should include the following aspects:
1. Don’t skimp on the screen. The room will look ridiculous with a small screen and it defeats the purpose of dedicating and entire room to the enjoyment of watching movies and shows on a big screen. Take into account the size of the room and the distance of the seats from the screen. You may want to consider buying a projector and screen to create real theater-like setting.
2. Sound matters. You want to feel immersed in the movie, not straining to hear the quiet conversations. The sound should draw you in and be tailored for your room. You want some speakers in the front, then the sides, and finally in the back. Consider hiring an expert to help install the speakers.
3. Use dark colors.Don’t choose to paint the walls of your media room a bright color. Think about a movie theater and mimic the décor such as the darker walls, seats, and even carpet on the floors. The darker the better when it comes to watching a movie.
4. Buy comfortable chairs. The seating in your theater room should look good in the room but the more important attribute for the seating should be comfort. If you’re not comfortable, you won’t enjoy the movie and not having enough seating will make it difficult to invite friends and family over for movie night.
5. Choose the right equipment. The best theater room won’t matter if you are unable to play the movie. With the many choices available on the market, you want to buy the right option. You may want a blu-ray player rather than a regular DVD player or you may want to buy a PS4 over the Xbox One. Take your time and even try out the various platforms to get the one that will meet your needs.
6. Incorporate games too. Your media room doesn’t have to just have electronic components but think about adding a pool table, air hockey, or even a card table to the room to make it a room for entertainment.
Your media room can be your hideout from the world. Escape with movies, games and TV shows or choose to spend more time with your family in this room. By having regular family movie and game nights, your family can bond and enjoy this room in your new home in Moncks Corner at Foxbank Plantation. Your new home will be the place to go for the games and the hangout for your family and friends. Find your perfect Crescent Home today!
For more information about the Moncks Corner, SC area, Foxbank Plantation, or about the steps needed to take to call the area “home,” contact us today at email@example.com.
200 Foxbank Plantation Blvd.
Moncks Corner, SC 29461